The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) is a non-profit organization founded in 1913. FIDIC represents globally the consulting engineering industry.
FIDIC is one of the oldest professional organization and they promote harmony in the Construction industry through their Standard form of Contracts. Their suite of contracts, which is called ‘Rainbow suite’ are extremely popular in the international construction market. UAE has adapted the FIDIC form of contract and it is the most popular form of contract even today.
FIDIC Contracts Management and Administration Course
Access training institute provides an advance level of training on FIDIC Contracts Management and Administration. The training is well organized to provide a vast information on the conditions and clauses to be mentioned in accordance with the local and International law.
Our FIDIC training has been aligned with Theoretical classes, Practical assessments, Case studies, Q & A sessions and more.
- Understanding the Principles of Contract and how a valid Contract is formed.
- Construction life cycle and various stages of pre-Contract activities
- Procurement strategies of Construction projects. (from the FIDIC guide)
- Good knowledge about the FIDIC rainbow suite of Contracts and their suitability for different type of projects.
- Clear understanding of the roles and obligations of Employer, Engineer and Contractor/Subcontractor.
- Administrating the Contract during the course of construction, as recommended by FIDIC.
- Local considerations in respect of penalties, force majeure and decennial liability etc.
- Recommendations for successful procurement and administration of Construction Contracts with practical tips for Clients, design consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors
Our FIDIC training in Dubai is completely aligned with FIDIC Red, Yellow, Silver and Green
- Introduction to FIDIC
- General Provisions
- The Employer
- The Engineer
- The Contractor
- Nominated Subcontractors
- Staff and Labour
- Plant, Materials and Workmanship
- Commencement, Delays and Suspension
- Tests on Completion
- Defects Liability
- Tests after Completion
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Variations and Adjustments
- Contract Price and Payment
- Termination by employer
- Suspension and Termination by Contractor
- Risk and Responsibility
- Resolution of Dispute
- Force Majeure
- Claims, Disputes and Arbitration
Who should attend?
This training course is specifically designed for Consultants, Contractors, Consulting Engineers, Contracts Managers, Construction Manager, Contracts Administrator, Quantity Surveyors, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Public Contract Administrators and related professionals involved in construction works and contract administration.